Thank you for sticking with me on this blog tour. I hope you find some new YA reader blogs that recommend new favorites. There are two new stops today. The first is at Oh Hey! Books. I did a guest post for them on the Where Angels Can’t Follow playlist. I included songs I simply couldn’t have written the book without, songs that reminded me of New Orleans, and tunes that belonged with certain characters. I hope you find your new song obsession in the mix.
The second stop is at The Book Rookery. They’ve featured Where Angels Can’t Follow and posted the first chapter if you haven’t had a chance to read it yet. You can do so at the link below. (My linking is clumsier than usual. I’m sorry guys. WordPress switched over to a block format that isn’t giving me as many options as I had before.)
And throughout the blog tour, you will be able to enter the giveaway for a copy of Iron Shards, my debut novel.
I listen to music when I write novels; I need it to tune out the rest of the world. I began Where Angels Can’t Follow a few years ago, but didn’t complete it and get through the editing until this year. So, this playlist is a bit more scattered than usual, but here are the songs that remind me of the world I wrote and the characters in it.
- “Mercy” by Muse. (I absolutely could not have finished this book without this song. My local coffee shop had a gaggle of women in it one day, and they were deafening when I’d planned to knock out a chapter. I bought this song, and it became my tune-people-out song for the novel.)
- “Little Monster” by Royal Blood.
- “I’ll Follow You” by Shinedown.
- “Saint Cecilia” by Foo Fighters.
- “Unsteady” by X Ambassadors.
- “Hurricane” by The Band of Heathens. (This song felt so New Orleans to me.)
- “God’s Gonna Cut You Down” by Johnny Cash.
- “Viva la Vida” by Coldplay.
- “Save Me” by Remy Zero.
- “Praying” by Kesha. (This one reminded me of Medusa. That’s all I’m saying.)
- “Only Happy When It Rains” by Garbage.
- “Trip Switch” by Nothing But Thieves.
- “Hallowed Ground” by Bishop Briggs.
- “Way Down We Go” by Kaleo.
- “My Church” by Maren Morris. (I could hear Kiah singing this to annoy Grace.)
- “Anthem of the Angels” by Breaking Benjamin.